A Thermal Imager detects radiation in the long-infrared to produce images of that radiation, called thermographs. Thermographic Imaging is a non-destructive test method that may be used:
- to detect poor connections (thermal bridging)
- non-continuous or defective insulation
- unbalanced loads
These problems may lead to excess power use, increased maintenance costs, or catastrophic equipment failure resulting in unscheduled service interruptions, equipment damage, or other problems. Thermographic imaging can detect these problems early and preventive measures can be suggested.
There are simple benefits of using an Infrared Camera Testing:
- Non Contact
- Rapid Scanning
- Data can be recorded in differing formats
- Images produced are comprehensive & reliable
- Is there a viable alternative?